Bridging Research Information and Culture (BRIC) Initiative
Initiative to strengthen cultures of inquiry and evidence across California community colleges through system-wide capacity building and site-specific technical assistance
The Bridging Research, Information, and Culture (BRIC) Initiative strengthened cultures of inquiry and evidence in the California community college system via three, complementary means.
- Resources for community college practitioners: development of online tools and implementation of numerous professional development opportunities
- Technical assistance to colleges: provision of tailored support from seasoned researchers and faculty to 13 institutions focused on increasing each college’s capacity to analyze and act on information, based on locally-identified needs
- Dedicated support for institutional researchers and planners: deployment of both online and in-person support focused on strengthening researchers’ abilities to facilitate the use of evidence
Find tools to build cultures of inquiry at community colleges including:
- a series of inquiry guides on ten critical topics addressing common problem areas for translating data to action
- a student learning outcomes assessment toolkit
- presentations to support practitioner use of data
- examples of studies that can start deeper campus conversations
- archived webinars on topics such as GIS, MIS, and aligning data sources
- lessons learned about linking data and action
Learn about the project’s purpose, activities and the research basis for the initiative.
Project Funder: William & Flora Hewlett Foundation
- About Us